Wednesday, September 2, 2009

SHOW & TELL - BLASTS AND BRUISES

So far, so good!

I got the call yesterday morning that the first two blastocysts the embryologist thawed survived. Kev and I went in for the transfer at noon and I currently have two itty-bitty, teeny-tiny, soon-to-be-babies looking for a nice place to implant inside my uterus. Everything this cycle has been absolutely textbook. My uterus should be a nice cozy place for those little ones to snuggle in for the next nine-ish months.

My beta is in one week - September 9th. Let's look at that again. The date is 09/09/09. That's got to be some kind of sign for great things.

And speaking of great, my great - as in huge - gluteal region is now adorned with several lovely (and quite painful) lumps and bruises from the daily PIO shots. It makes sitting a little less fun, but I'd do it every hour on the hour if it meant that we get to bring a baby (or babies) home from the hospital in a few short months.



The picture makes it seem harmless enough, and most intramuscular shots I've had are pretty harmless. But those damn PIO shots are a bitch (at least they're not as bad as Hep.arin). For Mel's Show and Tell, I was pretty tempted to take a picture of my ass as proof of bruising, but I didn't want to completely disgust my readers with my lumpy, black and blue bum. So instead, you got a cartoon.

You're welcome.

23 comments:

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Sending prayers, good thoughts and crossed finger vibes that you will have a great healthy beta on the 9th!

Congrats on being PUPO!

Big Mama T said...

Hah, I love the cartoon... my rear was a bit of a horror show during my last cycle, too, lol. The PIO is definitely worse than other IM shots.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for your cycle!!!

Jem said...

No fair! In that cartoon the girl has no cellulite!

..al said...

Smiing at Jen's comment.

First of all, All the very very very best to you for the run-up to the beta and beyond.

And I know that it will all be worth it, if you get to take a baby or two to show for it.

Much love!

Tara said...

Sending you good vibes!!

The PIO shots are a total pain in the ass - pun intended...BUTT...the suppositories are just disgusting!!!

Please, little embryos, be sticky and snuggle in for a 40 week ride!

areyoukiddingme said...

Best wishes! 9-9-09 sounds like a lucky day.

Anonymous said...

How exciting to have those tiny little lives! If I did what you're doing, I'd have to have a friend come over and give me the shots...J hates needles. That cartoon is bad enough!

Mrs.Joyner said...

Gina..So I've totally been a lax blogger lately..How exciting for you..Im hoping for multiples ;) And you're right, I think 09-09-09 has to mean something!! Sending luck & love your way!!

HC said...

Good luck for 09-09-09. Wishing its a memorable day for you in all the happy ways.

Jen said...

Good luck on the 9th! Crossing fingers for you.

Once A Mother said...

Good luck on 9/9/9 that special day is sure to bring you good news.

Hope in Virginia said...

The PIO shots are the WORST! Hang in there! Will they let you switch to suppositories later on? I haven't minded them that much, but they are messy. Can't wait for your beta.

Kristin said...

I hope 9/09/09 is a day that ,arks the start of lots of happy memories.

Good luck!

Beth Kyle said...

I wish my butt was as nice as that girl's! LOL
I love your blog header image. Fingers crossed for your beta~ :)

Misty Dawn said...

CANNOT WAIT FOR YOUR GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!! good luck but sorry your are bruised :(

Photogrl said...

What a perfect day for the beta!

Hoping, wishing and PRAYING for a successful cycle!

((HUGS))

K said...

Here's hoping 09/09/09 is a fantastic date for you!

AshPash said...

9/9/09 has a certain ring to it. Hoping for good news! Dig in embies!!

Mrs.Joyner said...

SOOOO!?!?!?

A. Gator said...

Hoping for good news!!!

Anonymous said...

Seriously? How did everything go??

Jem said...

How did beta go?

Anonymous said...

My prayers are for a continued successfull pregnancy! I just can't stop smiling for you! Please keep us posted on your progress. You will love feeling your child/children kick. :D

Rose

 
Template by suckmylolly.com