Tuesday, July 21, 2009

FET COMING UP

We had our frozen embryo transfer planning meeting yesterday. I think we both felt a little disappointed by how we were treated. We weren't treated badly, but we weren't made to feel as important as when we were planning and going through the entire IVF process. We waited over an hour before we were seen, then the consult only lasted twenty minutes. We were informed that although we were told we had a substantial credit to use toward this transfer, we actually did not and would be paying full price instead. We were also told that the transfer would be September 1st. It's really not that different from the original "end of August" date, but just to hear that it is in yet a different month broke my heart.

It seems our infertility battle just keeps going and going and going. We've had such a long journey, and after six years of heartache, I'm ready for some good news.

I couldn't help but cry at the appointment. I've been doing that a lot lately. Honestly, I've cried (hard) every day for the past nine days. Maybe it's my body trying to regulate from the massive amounts of hormones I pumped into it for two months to prepare for IVF. Whatever it is, it's driving me and Kev nutso.

7 comments:

Giantspeedbump said...

Hi there,
Sorry about your FET date, and the disappointing clinic visit.
I get so upset when we go to these types of appointments only to feel dismissed or unimportant. It really hurts my feelings. We have SO much invested in this process and it's clear the clinic staff often forgets this.
Oh, and I can completely relate to the crying. I cry so much it's not funny.
I've just been poking around your blog and see we have a lot in common in terms of timelines, surgeries, and loss. We lost our first and only pg in Jan 06. You can catch up on all the ugly details at giantspeedbump.wordpress.com
Best of luck with everything. I'll keep following your story.

Hope in Virginia said...

Sending big hugs your way. What a difficult, seemingly endless journey you two have been on. I sincerely hope and pray that the end is in sight. Hang in there :)

Mad Hatter said...

I'm so sorry you had such a cold experience at your appointment, and that you're going to have to wait even longer than you thought for your embryo transfer. I know how hard it is to stop crying at the madness of it all. But I hope you can find some comfort in knowing that you have a definitive date now. And maybe find some ways to be kind to yourselves between now and then - you've been through so much. Take care.

Photogrl said...

I'm sorry to hear that the appointment did not go like it should have. After all the 2 of you have been through, some compassion would be nice.

Holding you close in my thoughts and prayers...

((HUGS))

Jen said...

I have recently begun following your story. I am also sorry to hear that you had a frustrating appt. Appointments shouldn't be one more thing to add to the frustration. I can related to the crying and the hormones. I am on my first month of Femara after 6 months on Clomid.
Wishing you the best, take care

embieadoptmom said...

That appointment doesn't sound the best but don't be discouraged! I have my FET on August 11. Best to you!

A. Gator said...

Thinking of you!

 
Template by suckmylolly.com